- After All These Years After All These Years
- Detail fragment of new work Detail fragment of new work
- I of you I of you
- The fetch of a wave The fetch of a wave
- Those days we could keep Those days we could keep
- I may leave before the end I may leave before the end
- Will I always feel this way? Will I always feel this way?
- Ineluctable Ineluctable
Wayne seeks to explore the emotional responses to human relationships, including the emotions that can be evoked by memory of relationships. He views these paintings as ghosts of the memory of feeling. It is the often vagueness of memory or emotion why he eschews a literal or realist approach, but leave space for a vague or unresolved interpretation to express such motifs. He uses various sources for each painting, ranging from old film photography to direct observation to maintain the element of spontaneity and better capture a memory or an intimate response, as opposed to a face value depiction. The paintings are searched-out by the progressive (sometimes destructive) application of numerous interacting layers and marks, constantly moving the active paint layer around. Improvisation is fundamental to the process.