- After the London Rain After the London Rain
- Cobra! Cobra!
- Comrade Enver Comrade Enver
- Look up here, I'm in heaven now Look up here, I'm in heaven now
- My First Goodwood My First Goodwood
- On the way to victory On the way to victory
- Singing in the rain Singing in the rain
- St Mary's Trophy St Mary's Trophy
Martin's work is inspired by an obsession with vintage bygone eras, historic racing cars and iconic planes, alongside drawing and painting. "I came to oil painting through a circuitous route, having drawn for most of my life and eventually being re-introduced to painting as my preferred medium to create my work," he explains. "The methods I use to paint are often classic ones, using layered paint applications rounded off by oil glazes. These create, add depth and harmonise colours. In my work I aim to capture the exhilaration or thrill of the moment and translate that onto the canvas. The light and the colours are all in the narrative, but I try to present an ethereal dreamlike quality to the work, emphasising a fleeting, ephemeral heartbeat in time."